Nathan and I visited his brother, his brother’s wife and their three kids in Fort Worth earlier this month. We love spending time with them and our time together is always so special. This was my first to visit Fort Worth so I wanted to round up and share my top five recommendations if you ever get the chance to visit Fort Worth.
1. Stay at Hotel Drover. It is located in the stock yards and it offers rustic yet luxury accommodations. We stayed at my brother-in-law’s house, but we were able to walk through the hotel and check it out while we were at the stock yards. If you don’t have family or friends to stay with, I highly recommend staying there.
2. Visit the Stockyards National Historic District. They have two cattle drives daily 11:30 & 4:00. It was my first time seeing a long horn and it’s something I’ll always remember. There are also several shops at the stockyards including Lucchese, Wrangler, Tecovas, King Ranch, The General St
3. Eat at Joe T. Garcia’s and Bonnell’s. Both restaurants are delicious and have great atmospheres. Joe T. Garcia’s has been a staple in Fort Worth since 1935 and is known for it’s fresh Mexican cuisine and it’s famous outdoor patio. Bonnell’s is a farm-to-table restaurant and is known for it’s fine Texas Cuisine.
4. Spend some time at Clearfork. It is a development with 270 acres of diverse residential options, miles of riverfront access and a blend of retail, dining, entertainment, office and green space in the heart of Fort Worth. There are several upscale stores including Ballard Designs, Billy Reid, Evereve, Kate Spade, Kendra Scott, Louis Vuitton, Newman Marcus, Tiffany & Co., Tory Burch and more!
5. Check out Texas Christian University and it’s beautiful 302 acre campus where my brother-in-law is the Reformed University Fellowship campus minister. All of the buildings and old trees on and around campus are beauty. Shout out to RUF at TCU for being amazing and doing the Lord’s work in Forth Worth!